Clinical Research Scientist - Neuropsychiatry Specialist (Part Time) - [Archived Advertisement]
Clinical Research Scientist - Neuropsychiatry Specialist (Part Time)
- Do you have experience with processing biomedical imaging datasets?
- Carry out innovative and impactful research
- Join CSIRO - Australia's premier science and technology research organisation
CSIRO’s Health and Biosecurity is seeking to appoint a Clinical Research Scientist – Neuropsychiatry Specialist.
As the successful candidate you will work along side world-class scientists and undertake research into health ageing and Alzheimer’s disease. You will conduct research using MR and PET imaging.
Your duties will include:
- Carry out innovative, impactful research of strategic importance to CSIRO that will, where possible, lead to novel and important scientific and clinical outcomes.
- Support the supervision of PhD students and vacation work students.
- Design and conduct the research study, including data collection and analysis of existing and new data.
Location: Herston – RBWH, Brisbane QLD
Salary: AU$98k – AU$106k pro-rata, plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years, part time
To be considered you will need:
- A doctorate in a relevant discipline area, such as Neuroscience, Medical Imaging or Neuropsychology.
- Experience in programming with Python, C++ and/or Matlab to customise important aspects of processing pipelines.
- Minimum of 12 months experience processing biomedical imaging datasets for populations with neural injury and neurotypical controls.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Sunday 31 January 2020, 11:00 pm AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 31 Jan 2021
- QLD - Herston
- AU$98k – AU$106k pro-rata, plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Part Time