CSIRO Postdoctoral Fellowship in Synthetic Biology - [Archived Advertisement]
CSIRO Postdoctoral Fellowship in Synthetic Biology
- Are you ready for the next step in your career?
- Develop your skills both within your established expertise and in new areas!
- Join CSIRO and support Australia's premier scientific organisation!
CSIRO Early Research Career (CERC) Postdoctoral Fellowships provide opportunities to scientists and engineers who have completed their doctorate and have less than three years of relevant postdoctoral work experience. These fellowships aim to develop the next generation of future leaders of the innovation system.
This project will develop an interdisciplinary workflow for ‘on demand’ synthesis of valuable natural products and their derivatives via Chemo/Bio semi-synthetic routes. It will bring together synthetic biology and synthetic chemistry, leading to exquisite alignment where biology can bridge gaps/bottlenecks in chemical synthesis and chemistry can bridge gaps/bottlenecks in biosynthesis. The position will be hosted in the CSIRO Land & Water Business Unit and work collaboratively with a highly interdisciplinary team across CSIRO Land & Water, CSIRO Manufacturing, and CSIRO Agriculture and Food, and is supported through the the CSIRO Synthetic Biology Future Science Platform. It will provide broad opportunities to develop the Fellow’s skills both within their established expertise and in new areas. We aim to provide an outstanding professional, scientific, and development environment.
Your duties will include:
- Carry out innovative, impactful research of strategic importance to CSIRO that will, where possible, lead to novel and important scientific outcomes.
- Recognise and exploit opportunities for innovation and the generation of new theoretical perspectives, and progress opportunities for the further development or creation of new lines of research.
Location: Canberra, ACT, Brisbane, QLD or Melbourne, VIC
Salary: AU$86k - AU$94k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in a relevant discipline area, such as molecular biology, metabolic engineering, synthetic biology, biocatalysis, biochemical engineering, or a related discipline.
Please note: To be eligible for this role you must have no more than 3 years (or part time equivalent) of postdoctoral research experience.
- Demonstrated experience in the area of microorganism molecular/synthetic biology, metabolic engineering, and/or biocatalysis.
- Good understanding of synthetic organic chemistry including small molecule characterisation methods, such as HPLC, LC-MS.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research team and to learn and apply new skills and ideas outside your formal training area.
- High level written and oral communication skills with the ability to represent the research team effectively internally and externally, including the presentation of research outcomes at national and international conferences.
- Evidence of a contribution to research.
For full details about this role please view the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Monday 22 March 2021, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 22 Mar 2021
- AU$86k - AU$94k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type: