Legal Counsel (Corporate & Governance) - [Archived Advertisement]
Legal Counsel (Corporate & Governance)
- Provide solutions-focussed legal advice & support within CSIRO
- Establish legal leadership through education, compliance programs and working groups
- Solve complex problems and minimise risk - Australian Science, Australia’s future!
In the role of Legal Counsel (Corporate & Governance), you will provide high-quality, practical legal advice, tailored to meet the requirements and circumstances of CSIRO’s Board, Executive, Business Units and Enterprise Support Services. Taking into account CSIRO’s compliance obligations, this legal advice will fall within the areas relevant to the practice of the Enterprise Legal Team, such as corporate governance, compliance, administrative law, privacy and freedom of information (FOI), property, procurement, ITC, work health and safety, workers’ compensation, employment, industrial relations, litigation and research ethics.
Specifically you will:
- Provide accurate, clear, timely, risk-adjusted and solutions-focused legal advice, documentation and support.
- Develop an understanding of the business, strategic objectives, external regulators, stakeholders, political context and relevant industry partners.
- Demonstrate legal leadership, exercise initiative and influence to build relationships with key internal clients.
- Contribute to ongoing legal education and training.
- Maintain confidentiality when dealing with personal and commercially sensitive information.
- Collaborate widely, communicate effectively and resolve any issues using creativity, reasoning and past experience.
Location: Black Mountain (Canberra) ACT or Clayton (Melbourne) VIC (other major capital city locations may be considered)
Salary: AU$113k - AU$132k per annum, plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will hold a degree in law from an Australian tertiary institution, or a comparable overseas qualification which is appropriate to the classification and duties of the Legal Counsel role.
You will also have:
- A current Australian practising certificate or entitlement to hold an Australian practising certificate
- A minimum of approximately six years of post-admission experience, in private, in-house and/or government legal practice, in the areas of general administrative law, corporate governance and compliance.
- Strong and extensive technical knowledge and applied post-admission experience in providing legal advice, documentation and support in the areas of administrative law, corporate governance and compliance in government or for government clients
- Strong team and interpersonal skills, and a history of professional behaviours.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a flexible approach to change.
- High-level communication and influencing abilities.
- A record of adherence to professional ethics and standards
To see all the criteria required for success in this role, click on the ‘Position Details’ link below.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Clearance or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia’s national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your motivations for applying and your suitability for the role, paying particular attention to the requirements outlined in the Position Details.
Sunday 14 March, 2021 (11pm AEDT)
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.
- Closing Date:
- 14 Mar 2021
- AU$113k - AU$132k per annum, plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time