Research Technician - Electrofermentation - [Archived Advertisement]
Research Technician - Electrofermentation
- Contribute to research into sources of green, transportable hydrogen from microorganisms
- Use your chemistry or biology laboratory experience in this multi-disciplinary role
- Join CSIRO and make a difference!
Hydrogen provides a flexible means of storing and transporting energy. Having been promoted as a 'future fuel' for a number of years, the overall understanding of hydrogen's potential is increasing. If produced and transported at scale, it could be integrated into the future energy value chain to support power generation, transport, food and agriculture, water, resources, heavy industry and more.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Research Technician to join a multi-disciplinary team seeking to provide new sources of green, transportable hydrogen produced by microorganisms.
Your duties will include:
- Developing and optimising conditions for microbial electrofermentation.
- Assisting in planning and executing experiments to improve production yield.
- Analysing the fermentation products using gas chromatography (GC) and NMR.
Location: Black Mountain, Canberra ACT
Salary: AU$63k - AU$80k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term until 30th June 2022
To be considered you will need:
- Relevant degree or equivalent relevant work experience in chemistry, biochemistry, microbiology or a related field.
- Demonstrated laboratory experience in one or more of the following:
- Electrochemical techniques such as bulk electrolysis or cyclic voltammetry.
- Culturing microorganisms;
- Basic molecular biology techniques such as cloning, sequencing or DNA manipulations;
- Chemical analysis e.g. gas chromatography or NMR.
- The ability to troubleshoot basic problems in the laboratory.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary research program and carry out tasks under general direction from researchers.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
14th March 2021, 11:00 pm AEDT
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date
- Closing Date:
- 14 Mar 2021
- ACT - Black Mountain
- AU$63k - AU$80k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type: