Hydrogen Energy Systems Future Science Platform Leader - [Archived Advertisement]
Hydrogen Energy Systems Future Science Platform Leader
- Apply your Hydrogen industry expertise & contribute to shaping Australia’s energy landscape
- Deliver technology solutions to enable Australia’s transition to a net zero emissions energy future
- Enable Australia to become the world’s first large-scale low-emissions energy exporter
CSIRO Future Science Platforms (FSPs) address future scientific challenges for Australia. They invest in science that underpins innovation with the potential to help reinvent and create new industries. FSPs support research teams that integrate science and delivery over the long term, looking to the future science needs of CSIRO and Australia, along with our external partners and stakeholders with a five to ten-year vision.
Realising the long-term vision of large-scale low-emissions Hydrogen based energy systems requires new science and technology solutions which address cost and performance challenges in production, distribution, and utilisation, as well as considering social, environmental and safety issues associated with large-scale deployment. Addressing these challenges is the focus of CSIRO’s Hydrogen Energy Systems (HES) Future Science Platform (FSP). The aim of the HES FSP is to catalyse Hydrogen energy innovation at the interface between CSIRO’s business units and scientific disciplines.
As the HES FSP Leader, you will develop and draw on capabilities from across CSIRO and the broader innovation system to deliver a portfolio of high risk, high reward projects that address the science and technology challenges to enable Australia to seize these opportunities and become the world’s first large-scale low-emissions energy exporter.
Your duties will include:
- Impact Science Leadership: Support and develop the 5-10 year science vision; develop an R&D environment characterised by science excellence, creativity, innovation and flexibility; manage the research portfolio including prioritisation, resource allocation and financial accountability; progress opportunities and engagement with external stakeholders; conduct planning & review processes; utilise your international research reputation and credibility to promote engagement & collaboration across the research platform.
- Capability Leadership: Build and support research capability and professional development of scientists; attract, develop and support world class talent; resource planning; build effective teams aligned with the science platform; model appropriate and professional behaviour; proactively manage people matters; strive for ‘Zero Harm’ (physical and psychological) and actively promote a healthy, safe and environmentally sustainable workplace.
- Engagement & Partnership: Build strategic and collaborative relationships within CSIRO to support Business Unit strategies, foster mobility and cross?deployment of personnel; develop and maintain national and/or international research collaborations and professional networks to keep abreast of emerging advances in relevant science fields; communicate Hydrogen Energy Systems FSP strategy & goals to internal and external stakeholders; coordinate high level customer engagements for future collaboration.
- Resource Leadership: Lead and manage the Program’s financial resources, people, infrastructure and other assets; ensure effective management of physical infrastructure and resources in an environmentally sustainable way; ensure best practice governance, and management of commercial activities and intellectual property in the platform.
- Personal Attributes: Coach for performance, lead with influence, establish credibility & build trusted relationships, set high standards and values aligned to CSIRO’s vision & values.
Location: Newcastle, Brisbane, Melbourne or Perth preferred
Salary: AU$166k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 2 years
To be considered you will need:
- PhD in Science or Engineering or equivalent, combined with significant experience and track record in R&D and/or Industry.
- Demonstrated track record in establishing and leading multidisciplinary research programs comprising regionally dispersed science teams, towards agreed organizational goals.
- Demonstrated knowledge/understanding of the science challenges associated with development and implementation of hydrogen energy value chains.
- Proven skills and experience in successfully initiating and effectively managing large research, development, or demonstration projects.
- Demonstrated experience in identifying and influencing critical stakeholders and development of a portfolio of internal and external relationships leading to mission oriented collaborative R&D projects.
- Proven understanding of the technical needs of the emerging hydrogen energy sector, based on experience in working in a hydrogen industry research, government, or industry context.
- An outstanding record of science innovation and creativity plus the ability to apply well developed research skills to scientific investigations of significant consequence.
For full details about this role please view the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
This role will remain open until filled. We reserve the right to withdraw this ad, so we encourage you to apply early.
- Closing Date:
- 08 Oct 2021
- AU$166k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type: