Policy Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
- 8-month contract, immediate start, competitive salary, and flexible working conditions!
- Can you develop and undertake policy and program improvements?
- Join the CSIRO Governance team today!
The CSIRO Policy Officer is an integral part of the Governance Group that exists to support best practice governance and ensure assurance frameworks are in place to support sound and transparent decision making, strengthen organisational resilience and protect CSIRO’s licence to operate. The successful applicant will achieve this through supporting the Policy Advisor in leading the establishment and ongoing enhancement of best practice policy management frameworks and processes, and the integration of these into key business processes and providing expert advice and support for CSIRO on existing governance obligations and systems and where improvements are required.
Applicants with previous experience developing, managing and undertaking policy and program improvement activities will be highly regarded.
Your duties will include:
- Developing, managing, and undertaking policy and program improvement activities.
- Leading and contributing to drive the evaluation of existing policies and programs in conjunction with relevant stakeholders.
- Establishing and maintaining effective relationships with stakeholders across all levels of leadership including the Executive.
- Communicating in writing and verbally, clearly, concisely, effectively, and respectfully, with all staff, clients, and suppliers in the interests of good business practice, collaboration, and enhancement of CSIRO’s reputation.
- Working collaboratively with colleagues within your team, the Governance Team, and from across CSIRO, and representing CSIRO at external and internal forums.
Location: Black Mountain, ACT
Salary: AU$85k - AU$93k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 8 months
To be considered you will need:
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment, collaborate widely both internally and externally, and building and sustaining positive and productive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- A history of actively contributing to the establishment and attainment of team goals and have responsibility for the achievement of specific outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate, interpret, synthesise and communicate complex information and draw logical conclusions and linkages.
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills, including for a range of stakeholders and for senior executive forums. Ability to distil and articulate complex materials in a concise and straightforward manner.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
To be appointed to this position you must be an Australian/New Zealand Citizen, or an Australian Permanent Resident currently residing in Australia.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Sunday 17 October 2021, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 17 Oct 2021
- ACT - Canberra
- AU$85k - AU$93k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type: