Storeperson - [Archived Advertisement]
- Are you an experienced Storeperson looking to take your skills to the next level?
- Great working conditions, permanent role, exciting workplace!
- Join CSIRO's Australian Centre for Disease Preparedness and help make a differece!
CSIRO's Australian Centre for Disease Preparedness helps protect Australia’s multi-billion dollar livestock and aquaculture industries, and the general public, from emerging infectious disease threats. It is a high-containment facility designed to allow scientific research into the most dangerous infectious agents in the world. We are seeking an experienced Storeperson to join our busy Business & Infrastructure team in Geelong.
Working closely with facilities staff from CSIROs’ Business and Infrastructure Services (CBIS), the role of Stores and Logistics Officer encompasses a range of support activities including receipt and dispatch services, inventory control, simple procurement, internal logistics, dangerous goods handling/dispatch and other agreed services to meet CSIRO operational requirements. This service provision may be to one or more sites.
Your duties will include:
- Providing a high quality stores and logistics service to all CSIRO staff and customers and business partners.
- Performing all stores inventory procurement, receipting of good and processing of invoices.
- Ensuring the efficient, timely and accurate receipt and dispatch of all material goods to and from the site via the store. This will include the timely and accurate delivery of items from the Receiving building to multiple destinations on site and the coordination of bulky goods direct to the customer or a remote destination.
- Ensuring freight items are recorded/received/held/dispatched via systems as necessary. Making sure specialist packaging instructions, are understood, considered and implemented in consultation with the customers.
- Assisting in the management of inventory control in the store and liaising with customers for future needs and change requirements with stock held.
- Processing internal scientific consumables orders
Location: Australian Centre for Disease Preparedness (ACDP), Geelong, VIC
Salary: AU$66k - AU$84k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- A current License/authority for the operation of a forklift, as well as a current unencumbered motor vehicle driver’s license.
- Previous experience in the planning and operation of stores and logistics services including inwards and outgoing goods, inventory control and stocktake
- Skills and experience in the operation of logistics software packages with data entry skills and experience using Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel & Outlook)
- Sound knowledge of purchasing policy and procedures, procurement systems and methods of obtaining quotations and certifying payments
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships with the customers and keep them informed on the delivery of logistic services
- A proven ability to plan, coordinate and prioritise activities and work independently to achieve service outcomes.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
To be appointed to this position you will be required to
- Obtain and maintain a security clearance at the NV1 Level
- Undertake a pre-employment medical
- Undertake a National Health Security Check
- Adhere to CSIRO ACDP microbiological security requirements
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Sunday 7 November 2021, 11:00pm AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 07 Nov 2021
- VIC - Geelong
- AU$66k - AU$84k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time