HSE Senior Advisor
HSE Senior Advisor
- Are you a qualified, experienced HSE Advisor with a passion for people, safety, and culture?
- Can you help adapt strategies, drive cultural change and support best practice?
- Join CSIRO - Australia's National Science and Innovation Agency!
The CSIRO Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) team partners with all levels of the organisation coaching and influencing to make HSE personal. They provide future-focussed, leading-edge development and delivery of HSE programs that result in significant improvement in CSIRO’s wellbeing and HSE culture.
The successful applicant will be responsible for delivering HSE services to multiple business units by providing tailored technical and specialist HSE support and being involved in developing and delivering strategic HSE programs to enhance CSIRO’s HSE and wellbeing culture.
In this pivotal role you will form relationships with internal stakeholders such as Business Unit Leadership Teams, Research Directors and HR managers, as well as external regulators, collaborative partners and other organisations.
Your duties will include:
- Actively contributing to the implementation of CSIRO’s HSE plan, through planning and delivery of priority HSE activities and initiatives across the sectors, with a focus on organisational consistency.
- Actively supporting the growth and development of BU directors, site leaders, and HSE team members utilising best practice and leveraging capability and communities of practice to improve HSE performance.
- Providing support to businesses within a sector, liaising with HSE Managers and Advisors.
- Acquiring a deep understanding of the respective business HSE risk profile and design and implement impactful HSE improvement initiatives.
- Actively supporting the development of innovative best practice solutions to significantly improve HSE performance both culturally and from a regulatory perspective.
- Purposefully contributing to a cohesive, collaborative, innovative HSE team and role model the desired behaviours.
Location: Narrabri (Myall Vale), NSW
Salary: AU$102k - AU$111k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- A relevant tertiary degree in a related discipline such as Health, Safety & Environment, or risk management with at least 5 years demonstrated experience in HSE within large or complex organisations, along with comprehensive knowledge and understanding of HSE legislation, codes of practice, and standards.
- Experience in influencing and effecting impactful HSE changes in team culture in alignment with the strategic direction of the organisation, embracing ambiguity and positively persist towards an end goal.
- A proven ability to coach and build as the trusted advisor to leaders by influencing a positive culture where HSE is considered ensuring alignment between client needs and CSIRO’s objectives. Creating trust by displaying consistency and understanding through integrity and patience.
- Track record in enabling positive organisational change, by adapting strategies, goals, and priorities, and driving culture change in health and safety.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly as a trusted advisor; fostering effective client relationships and ensuring alignment between client needs and CSIRO’s objectives.
- The ability to take direction, deliver on set objectives, and a passion for continued learning, development, and growth in yourself and in others.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
To be eligible to apply for this advertised position you must be either an Australian or New Zealand Citizen, or Australian Permanent Resident.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Sunday 5 December 2021, 11:00pm AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 05 Dec 2021
- NSW - Narrabri
- AU$102k - AU$111k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time