Principal Research Scientist in Data Privacy - [Archived Advertisement]
Principal Research Scientist in Data Privacy
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation.
- Join CSIRO driving the development and adoption of Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Australia
- Use your skills and contribute to the development of new ideas, empirical studies, collaborative projects, methods, and technologies for SE for AI including for AI-based systems
- Flexible work arrangements! Mix of home and office.
The role of the Principal Research Scientist is to lead world-leading research activities in the domain of Data Privacy and Confidentiality, with a focus on data-driven impactful real-life, domain-focused applications. This may include the development and submission of research proposals, the leadership of approved research initiatives, as well as being responsible for significant research activities in such projects. These activities will be focused on provable privacy preserving mechanisms for Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence algorithms, similar mechanisms for data release and/or data analytics, as well as the design of metrics and methods for privacy and confidentiality risk quantification.
The Principal Research Scientist will contribute to CSIRO's strategy, aiming to achieve the exciting and challenging goals of enabling the use of data in the digital economy while preserving the privacy of individuals and the confidentiality of businesses. The research to be undertaken will target the most prestigious international publication venues and aims to educate Australia’s best undergraduate and postgraduate students. This role will f, co-ordinate staff and manage expectations of stakeholders, to deliver great outcomes through innovative science in practical applications.
Location: Marsfield NSW, Black Mountain ACT, Clayton VIC, Saint Lucia, QLD
Salary: AU$141,949 – AU$157,055 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Indefinite Full-Time
To be considered you will need:
- A PhD in a discipline area related to Data Privacy and Confidentiality, such as computer science, data science, applied mathematics, machine learning/artificial intelligence, cybersecurity, or another related field with relevant evidenced experience in the theoretical areas underlying privacy enhancing technologies.
- An established reputation and credibility within the online data privacy and confidentiality community, or a closely related field (e.g. data science, machine learning, cybersecurity) with evidence of community recognition.
- Ability to develop and propose novel research initiatives, through competitive funding, in technologies related to data privacy and confidentiality including (but not limited to) data privacy measurement and modelling, data privacy preserving systems and technologies, privacy and confidentiality in machine learning algorithms, or to a closely related research field (e.g. machine learning, cybersecurity, data science)
- A demonstrated ability to lead such initiatives or projects when approved for funding, including being responsible for and conducting significant parts of the related research activities, managing teams, consulting stakeholders, and seeking to deliver best outcomes for the project.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work on multi-disciplinary challenges through successful collaborations with researchers from industry and academia.
- Demonstrated high level of oral and written communication skills with the ability to represent CSIRO research externally and author scientific publications and project reports.
CSIRO is an Equal Opportunity employer working hard to recruit world-class talent that represents the diversity across our society.
To be eligible to work in CSIRO you must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or either hold, or be able to obtain, a valid working visa (sponsorship may be provided to eligible candidates).
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
22 January 2022, 11:00pm AEST/AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 22 Jan 2022
- AU$141,949 – AU$157,055 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time