Proficiency Testing Team Leader - [Archived Advertisement]
Proficiency Testing Team Leader
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation.
- Endless opportunities to grow & develop your career
- Innovative and collaborative workplace with fantastic flexibility
- Join CSIRO and make a difference!
The Diagnosis, Surveillance and Response Program at the Australian Centre for Disease Preparedness (ACDP) provides diagnostic and research capability for the investigation of emergency diseases affecting livestock and other animals.
Your duties will include:
We seek to appoint an experienced scientist who will lead the team responsible for the production, quality assurance testing and distribution of proficiency testing and diagnostic reagents to a large range of external clients. The RPO will also oversee the analysis and reporting of proficiency testing results, for both national and international proficiency testing schemes.
- Working with the Group Leader and Technical Manager to develop and deliver on a sustainable strategy for the team.
- Managing and maintaining effective and efficient work teams; managing performance and resources, to achieve strategic objectives.
- Enhancing and developing effective partnerships with external and internal partners and stakeholders to ensure effective service delivery and develop future options.
- Operating under and ensuring the maintenance of the laboratory’s quality assurance and accreditation and assisting other laboratories in the establishment and maintenance of quality systems.
- Overseeing the analysis of proficiency testing results and the writing of reports for participating laboratories, helping to maintain and enhance the laboratory’s delivery of service to customers.
Location: Geelong, Victoria
Salary: AUD117,917 to AUD138,176 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- Demonstrated experience administering Proficiency Testing programs under ISO 17043.
- Knowledge at a professional level and experience in the requirements for quality assurance and quality systems in diagnostic testing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact well with technical staff and engage with external clients in a professional role.
- The ability to manage a multi-disciplinary team to ensure delivery of objectives.
- A demonstrated record of technical competence and achievement in laboratory diagnostic testing requiring skills and an understanding of molecular (PCR) and serology (ELISA, HI) and virology.
- Working experience with a Laboratory Information Management System data entry and reporting activities at an ISO 17025 or ISO 17043 level.
- Experience in data analysis, report writing and comparing the performance of diagnostic assays (PCR, ELISA and HI).
CSIRO thrives on innovation; innovation that is harnessed by the diversity of the minds and lived experiences brought to our greatest challenges. If you meet some, but not all requirements, we encourage you to submit your application.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
To be considered for this role you must be an Australian Citizen.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent. Additional integrity checks may be required for specific roles which require security clearance for working with children, Australian Government cybersecurity requirements or other identified security roles.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
13th February 2022, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 13 Feb 2022
- AUD $117,917 to AUD $138,176 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time