- Canberra based role
- An exciting opportunity to workin the intelligence community
- $80,775 - $140,992 (plus superannuation)
ASIS is Australia’s overseas secret intelligence collection agency. Its mission is to protect and promote Australia’s vital interests through the provision of intelligence services as directed by the Government. Its work can involve collecting intelligence in relation to national security, international relations and economic issues. It also contributes to Australia’s coordinated national efforts against terrorism, proliferation of weapons of mass destruction, and transnational issues such as people smuggling.
We’re looking for a range of talented and passionate technologists across a range of expertise.
We need engaging people who are interested in delivering and supporting innovative and forward leaning technologies across a range of environments, both domestic and global. This includes researching, analysing, planning, designing, installing, monitoring and maintaining ICT systems to support the business needs of the organisation and individuals.
The ideal candidates will use technology to enhance and continually improve ICT capabilities, have an aptitude for continual learning, and be prepared to work in a fast paced, technically diverse, and challenging environment.
We value life and practical skills/experience just as highly as formal qualifications. The successful candidates will have experience and/or qualifications in fields such as:
Virtualised Stack Operations - VMWare, Microsoft Azure or OpenStack - including NSX, VSAN, vRealise Operations, Orchestration and Automation; vCenters; LogInsight; Blueprinting; PowerCLI; resource trending and consumption management;
Platform and Systems Administration - including Microsoft and Linux OS’s; Active directory; federation services; Exchange, outlook and messaging; enterprise object storage and file systems; GitLab, Puppet, Ansible, and containerisation; SIEM; and Avamar enterprise backup solutions;
End client systems sustainment - including desktop SOE and VDI lifecycle delivery; VMWare AppVolumes, UEM and Workspace One; applications delivery with SCCM/SCOM; enterprise messaging with MS Outlook or Lotus Notes; audio visual and chat collaboration; end device hardware and peripherals; and browser management; and
Data centre support - including maintenance of connectivity, compute and appliance hardware; environmental systems oversight; and multi-vendor liaison and management.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Providing support to Datacentres and systems;
- Providing operational support and improvements to implemented VMWare products, specifically in relation to software defined environments, such as:
- VVD implementations covering vCenter Server, vRealise Automation, vRealise Operations, LogInsight, NSX, and VSAN; and
- Environment patching, firmware, software improvements, capacity consumption and planning, and environment trending.
- Contributing to compliance, including risk management and mitigation;
- Undertaking installation work, both in Australia and Overseas;
- Providing afterhours support to users as part of On-call arrangements;
- Managing, contributing, and reporting for key internal and external stakeholders and assisting in formal reporting as required;
- Responsibility for the delivery of work that is complex in nature within virtualised environments in line with agreed outcomes;
- Team responsibilities which may include: supervising and guiding team members; transferring knowledge to peers and management; assisting in strategic planning; identifying tasks and priorities; managing workflows; and assisting with building team capability through coaching, development of processes and procedures, and technology leadership.
These positions are based in Canberra and may be offered on an ongoing basis.
Citizenship: To be eligible for engagement, applicants must be Australian citizens.
Security Assessment: The successful applicant will be required to undergo a Security Clearance.
Please Note: ASIS does not provide feedback to unsuccessful applicants.
To apply go to asis.gov.au
Applications close Monday, 10 September 2019.