Analyst Programmer - [Archived Advertisement]
Defence Housing Australia (View other jobs from this organisation)
At Defence Housing Australia (DHA), we provide quality housing and related services to Defence members and families. DHA’s award winning work supports Defence capability.
The software development team within Business Solutions and Technology (BST) maintain DHA’s suite of applications, consisting of both internet-facing and internally-facing web applications. These applications provide Defence members with the ability to find and secure a variety of housing solutions 24 hours a day.
In this role you will be responsible for collaborating with our team of Business Analysts to solve complex business problems through high-quality software solutions. You will deliver solutions through a combination of both bespoke, and off-the-shelf software with a focus on end user experience. You will have the opportunity to explore new technologies, contribute to ongoing software development process improvements, and be a member of a motivated team of likeminded developers.
The Analyst Programmer role reports to the Software Development Manager. To be successful in this role you will be able to analyse business and technical requirements in order to propose user-centric software solutions. You will be responsible for designing, coding, and unit testing software solutions. You will also be responsible for investigating and resolving production issues, with a view to solving root cause problems. In this role you will need to work within the defined software engineering and configuration management practices as well as contribute to ongoing process improvement activities.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Highly developed software development and technical skill with the following technologies: Java web development libraries, Spring and Hibernate frameworks, Atlassian JIRA, SQL in Oracle and PL/SQL.
- Demonstrated understanding of software design techniques and architecture models.
- Proven ability to read, understand and implement business requirements, functional, and technical specifications.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate and collaborate with different stakeholders with varying levels of technical competence.
- A proven track record of collaborating effectively with Business Analysts in an environment of shifting and/or uncertain requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to understand the work environment, and initiating and developing team goals, strategies and work plans.
- Generous employee benefits with a competitive salary packing, including Performance bonus
- Employer superannuation contribution of up to 15.4%
- Flexible work arrangements, including family friendly provisions
- Benefits of working for the APS, while in an outcome focused Government Business Enterprise
- A diverse range of interesting projects in high performing and collaborative work environment.
The remuneration package is negotiable and includes a base salary, potential performance bonus and Commonwealth funded superannuation. Employment with DHA is conditional on successful applicants demonstrating that they are an Australian citizen, meeting the required medical standards, achieving a satisfactory character clearance and obtaining and maintaining a security clearance at the required level.
Note: These roles may be filled on a non-ongoing or ongoing basis, based on business requirements.
Non-ongoing positions will be offered for a specified term of up to 12 months with the possibility of extension depending on operational requirements.
To apply, please submit an online application including a statement of claims against the selection criteria (with a maximum of 500 words in total) detailing your skills and experience relevant to the duty statement along with a current resume.
Contact Officer: for further information about this position please contact
Israel Dickson, 02 6217 8438, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Closing Date:
- 30 Mar 2020
- ACT - Barton
- $84,183 - $96,793 per annum, plus superannuation and potential bonus
- Work Type:
- Full Time